You may at some time in the past have told your browser to allow a website to show you notifications. Now the site's ads are popping up in the Windows notification area.
- Click the Chrome menu (the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome window) and and select Settings.
- Scroll down to Show Advance Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site Settings.
- Scroll down to "Notifications." Here you can choose what notifications are allowed to appear on your desktop.
- Turn off notifications from any site you no longer want to see notifications from.
- Click Done.
If that doesn't stop the pop-ups, the ads might be coming from Windows 10 itself. Here's how to stop them.