Our AdBlock for Safari app is a native Mac application, not a browser extension. Uninstalling it requires a couple more steps than you may expect if you are used to our Safari extension.
Uninstalling the AdBlock app
The easiest way to uninstall the AdBlock app is through the Launcher. See the tip below for another method that requires a little more work.
- Open Safari if it isn't already.
- Disable both AdBlock Icon and AdBlock Engine in Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
- Click the AdBlock icon in the MacOS menu bar and deselect (uncheck) Start AdBlock at Login.
- Quit both AdBlock and Safari.
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock. Position the pointer over the AdBlock app icon, press and hold until all the icons begin to jiggle, and then click the little "x" and confirm.
Tip: If the AdBlock icon doesn't appear in the Launchpad, you can still uninstall AdBlock. First, as directed above disable both extension components (AdBlock Icon and AdBlock Engine), then click the AdBlock icon in the MacOS menu bar and deselect Start AdBlock at Login. Then quit both AdBlock and Safari. Then open Finder and move AdBlock to the Trash.