Are you getting one of the following errors when you try to install an update to the AdBlock for Safari Mac app?
“AdBlock” cannot be updated because its extensions are in use by “Safari”. Click OK and quit the application.
"AdBlock" cannot be open during installation. Click Continue to quit "AdBlock" and begin the update. The application will open when the update is complete.
As with all Mac apps, you need to quit AdBlock before the App Store will install the update. What makes AdBlock a little more confusing than other apps is that it runs in the background. You can't see it, and you may not even know that it's open. Try the following solutions in order, proceeding to the next one only if the app still won't update.
Solution 1: Click Continue
Try just clicking Continue. If all goes well, the app will close, update, and open again in the background.
Solution 2: Click Cancel
If all did not go well, try this:
- Click Cancel to close the error message.
- Quit AdBlock. (If you don't see the app window, force AdBlock to quit following the instructions below. Then come back here and continue with Step 3.)
- Quit Safari.
- Open the Updates tab in the App Store and try to install the AdBlock update again.
Solution 3: Disable AdBlock extensions and turn off "Start at Login" setting
If the previous solutions didn't work, try this:
- Open Safari if it isn't already.
- In Safari > Preferences > Extensions, disable both AdBlock Icon and AdBlock Engine.
- Click the AdBlock icon in the MacOS menu bar and deselect (uncheck) Start AdBlock at Login.
- Quit both AdBlock and Safari.
- Return to the Updates tab in the App Store and try to install the AdBlock update again.
- If the app updates successfully, repeat Steps 1 through 3, but this time enable AdBlock Icon, AdBlock Engine, and the Start AdBlock at Login setting.