We have been receiving reports for a couple of months now that AdBlock continually crashes in Chrome. Our developers are investigating. If you feel comfortable with technology, we could really use your help! It's pretty straightforward and would take you about five minutes.
If you would rather not, that's fine! Just reinstall AdBlock and everything should be back to normal. (By the way, our payment page opens every time AdBlock is installed. If you don't want to pay for AdBlock at this time, just close the page.) If AdBlock continues to crash, try these basic Chrome troubleshooting steps to eliminate Chrome itself as a possible culprit.
If you'd like to help us track down the problem, great! Don't reinstall AdBlock yet. Here's what we'd like you to do first.
Send us an email with the following information:
Which site are you on when you see the crash notification?
Do you see the crash notification immediately after loading a new page, or does it happen a while after the page finishes loading?
Next, we'd like you to check for any errors associated with AdBlock. To see them, you'll need to open AdBlock's background page:
- Open a page where the problem is happening.
- Open a new tab and visit chrome://extensions to open Chrome's extensions page.
- Select Developer mode in the upper right corner of the page. This makes a few more options appear.
- Find AdBlock in the list and click the background page link to open a "developer mode" window for AdBlock.
- Click the Console tab at the top of the window.
- Reload the page where the problem is happening. (You might need to drag the developer window out of the way.)
- If there are any error messages in the console window (usually in red text), paste them into your message.
Finally, we'd like you to check for errors associated with Chrome. To see them, you'll need to open Chrome's Developer Tools:
- Right-click the page and select Inspect. The Chrome Developer Tools panel opens beside or below the page.
- Click the Console tab at the top of the new window.
- Reload the page.
- If there are any error messages in the console tab (usually in red text), paste them into your message.
And thanks for your help!