If AdBlock or Chrome is crashing and you can access the AdBlock pop-up menu, please try the following:
- Click the AdBlock toolbar icon and select the gear symbol.
- Go to the Filter Lists page and disable EasyList and AdBlock Custom, then enable them again.
- Restart Chrome.
If the crash continues, try reinstalling AdBlock.
If the steps above don't help, try these basic Chrome troubleshooting steps (perform each step in order, restarting Chrome after each. Only move to the next step if the problem is still happening):
- Restart your computer.
- If necessary, update Chrome to the latest version.
- Try using Chrome in incognito mode, which disables extensions (If that fixes the problem, one of your extensions is the troublemaker - disable them all, then re-enable them one at a time to find the culprit).
- Check for and uninstall any unfamiliar extensions.
- Try clearing your cache, cookies, and browsing data.
- Reset Chrome's settings (Programs you install can change your Chrome settings without your knowledge - resetting them will undo any unwanted changes without interfering with your saved bookmarks and passwords).
- Check for and remove malware.
- As a last resort, uninstall Chrome. Be sure to select Also delete your browsing data. Then reinstall Chrome.
*Warning: Uninstalling Chrome this way will completely erase your bookmarks, saved passwords, extensions, and Chrome settings on your computer. Before you proceed, be sure to synchronize everything through your Google account.