Tab for a Cause is an extension for Chrome and Firefox that shows ads on the New Tab page to raise money for charity. If you use AdBlock or other ad blockers, you will need to whitelist the Tab for a Cause website (not the New Tab page) to allow its ads to appear. Instructions for AdBlock follow. If you use Adblock Plus, uBlock Origin, or Ghostery, please see this article on the Tab for a Cause support site.
How to whitelist Tab for a Cause in AdBlock
There are two ways to tell AdBlock not to block ads on Tab for a Cause.
Let AdBlock create a custom filter for you:
- Visit https://tab.gladly.io/adblockers/.
- Click the AdBlock icon in the browser toolbar and select Don't run on pages on this site or Don't run on pages on this domain.
- Click Exclude.
Add the custom filter to AdBlock yourself:
- Click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select Options.
- On the CUSTOMIZE tab, click Edit to open the custom filters box.
- Paste the following text on its own line:
- Click Save.
If you have whitelisted the gladly.io domain and you still don't see any ads on new tabs, be patient. According to this Tab for a Cause support article, whether ads appear depends on your location, the time of day, and the number of tabs you have opened recently.