AdBlock for Safari is a fast and powerful Mac app that speeds up web browsing in Safari by blocking ads that clog web pages. AdBlock starts blocking ads on millions of websites from the moment it's installed. In this article, you’ll learn how to install and uninstall the AdBlock for Safari app on your Mac.
Installing AdBlock for Safari
- Find AdBlock in the Mac App Store and click Get. (After the first time you install the app, you won't see the "Get" button again. If you are reinstalling, see Step 2.)
- Click Install.
- After the app is installed, click Open.
- Click Enable AdBlock in Safari.
- Select the checkboxes next to both AdBlock Engine and AdBlock Icon.
AdBlock is now set up to immediately block the majority of ads on nearly every site you visit (regardless of whether the app is open).
Uninstalling AdBlock for Safari
- Quit Safari if it's open.
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock.
- Position the pointer over the AdBlock app icon, press and hold until all the icons begin to jiggle, and then click the "x" and confirm.
Many issues can be addressed by completely wiping AdBlock from your Mac and performing a clean install. We recommend using the free app, AppCleaner. If you already have a similar product installed, feel free to use that instead just be sure that ALL files associated with AdBlock are removed.
Once AppCleaner is installed and open, to completely remove the AdBlock for Safari Mac app, do the following:
Open the Applications folder.
Drag the AdBlock icon into AppCleaner.
Check ALL the boxes that appear then click Remove.
After AdBlock has been completely removed, restart your Mac and try installing AdBlock for Safari again: Mac App Store