AdBlock for Safari is a fast and powerful Mac app that speeds up web browsing in Safari by blocking ads that clog web pages. AdBlock starts blocking ads on millions of websites from the moment it's installed. In this article, you’ll learn how to install the AdBlock for Safari app on your Mac.
Installing AdBlock for Safari
- Find AdBlock in the Mac App Store and click Get (After the first time you install the app, you won't see the "Get" button again. If you are reinstalling, see Step 2.)
- Click Install
- After the app is installed, click Open
- Click Enable AdBlock in Safari
- Select the checkboxes next to both AdBlock Engine and AdBlock Icon
AdBlock is now set up to immediately block annoying ads on every web page you visit!
Uninstalling AdBlock for Safari
- Quit Safari if it's open
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock
- Position the pointer over the AdBlock app icon, press and hold until all the icons begin to jiggle, and then click the "x" and confirm