- Something else on your computer is causing the notification to appear.
- The test the site is using to detect ad blockers is generating a false positive (less likely).
Here are some troubleshooting steps to try:
- In Chrome enter about:extensions in the address bar.
- In Safari, go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions (or look in the Launchpad for an ad blocking app).
- In Edge, click More (...) > Extensions.
- In Firefox, enter about:addons in the address bar.
If you don't immediately see an extension that could be causing the problem, try toggling all of your extensions to Off, reload the page and see if the anti-adblock notification continues to appear. If it doesn't appear, turn each extension back on one-by-one, reloading the page each time, to identify the extension causing the notification to appear.
2. In some cases, cyber security or VPN software can trigger a site to display the notices as well. Try disabling these types of software and see if the notifications continues to display.
3. Clear the site's cookies and reload the page.
If these suggestions don't help, there may be a problem with the test itself. In that case, all you can do is report it to the site administrators and hope for the best!