According to this post on the EasyList forum, the following filters block some annoying things you may run into in Yahoo Mail.
Note: If you're seeing ads in your Yahoo Mail inbox, it may be a timing issue. We haven't been able to see the ads in our testing. Our guess is that Yahoo keeps changing how they're serving these ads. It takes the folks at EasyList some time to catch up and block them again. So, we hear from our users who are seeing ads in their mailbox, but by the time our developers investigate, EasyList is blocking them again.
In other words, EasyList will most likely block ads in your mailbox again within a few days. Filter lists update themselves automatically, but you can also manually update them to see if a new version is available yet.
(Updated December 11, 2017, with new filters)
- Click the AdBlock button and select Options, then click the CUSTOMIZE tab.
- Click Edit to open the custom filters box.
- Paste the filters below exactly as given.
- Click Save.
- Reload the page you're trying to view.
Copy these filters:
<td class="rightRailAdContainer" rowspan="2" ><div id="rightrailad-LREC"></div></td>
And if that doesn't help, either, it might be because an element style called "!important" has been applied to the ad. This style overrides the styling code filter lists use to hide ads. Try using the It's Not Important userscript with the Tampermonkey script manager to give the filter lists a little boost.
- Install the Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey script manager appropriate for your browser (see below).
- Install the It's Not Important userscript.