It's been reported that these ads are now breaking through AdBlock in Safari as well as Chrome. We're looking into ways to block the ads in both Safari and Chrome. In the meantime, try this in any browser to block the worst of the ads:
- Add the following custom filters in AdBlock's options, CUSTOMIZE tab:
- Clear your browser cache and cookies, reset your browser settings, and make sure your browser is up-to-date.
If you prefer not to see the Microsoft Store ads container at the bottom of the page, click the Edit link and select Remove Section.
If you prefer to use Chrome, you can try this workaround suggested by one of our users (thanks, Greg!). In Chrome's cookie settings, "manage exceptions," set all cookies from msn.com to be deleted when you exit Chrome. Here's how:
- Visit chrome://settings/content/cookies to open Chrome's cookie settings.
- Next to "Clear on exit," click ADD.
- Type msn.com and click ADD.