In Safari and Firefox, private mode doesn't disable extensions, so there's nothing special you need to do to use AdBlock in private mode.
In Chrome and Microsoft Edge, however, extensions don't run in private or incognito mode by default. You need to enable them.
To make AdBlock work in private or incognito mode:
- Type chrome://extensions in the address bar.
- Under AdBlock in the extensions list, click Details.
- Scroll down and click the toggle switch next to Allow in incognito.
In Microsoft Edge
The ability to use extensions in an InPrivate window will be available in the Windows 10 feature update that's planned for spring 2018. If you don't see "Allow for InPrivate browsing" yet, keep up with your Windows 10 updates and you should see it soon.
- Click the More (...) button and select Extensions.
- Point to the AdBlock button and select the Settings cog.
Select Allow for inPrivate browsing.