Why can't AdBlock fix a filter list issue?
If a filter list isn't blocking an ad or is breaking a feature on a website, we direct you to the list authors to fix it. It may look as if we're shifting the blame. We're not. We're trying to get you to the people who can help you.
Except for AdBlock Custom, which is our proprietary filter list, we don't own, oversee, or maintain the filter lists. They are maintained by a tiny but dedicated army of volunteers around the world. We can act as a liaison when needed, but we have no control over the volunteers or the lists. All we can do is to tell you how to report problems to the people who can fix them.
How to report an issue to the list authors
Here are all contact methods for the list authors. To prevent spam, @ is replaced by " at " in the email addresses below.
To help the list authors help you better, here are some guidelines for reporting your issue (either an unblocked ad or a broken filter in a filter list).
- Search the forum for the domain name of the site you're reporting. If you find a topic for the domain, enter your report as a comment in that topic. (The domain name is the part of the web address that is not "www." or ".com"; for example, in "www.examplesite.com," the domain name is "examplesite.")
- If you don't find a topic for the domain, click the New Topic button in the appropriate forum and name your topic for the site you're reporting.
Note: If the site contains adult content, please include "NSFW" ("not safe for work") in the topic subject!
- Include your browser and version, operating system, and which version of AdBlock you have.
- Provide a link to a page where the issue you're reporting can be found.
- Provide a screenshot of the issue if you can. (Please capture the entire page.)
- If you've done any troubleshooting, list the things you tried.
To include a screenshot in your post:
- Get a screenshot that shows the issue you're reporting. Be sure to capture the entire screen.
- Upload your screenshot to Imgur.com or a similar picture-sharing site.
- Get the "share" URL of the uploaded file.
- In your forum post, include this line: [img]whatever-the-share-url-is[/img]
Here's where to report an issue with a filter list: