With AdBlock, you can easily whitelist your favorite YouTube channels in Firefox (desktop and Android), Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. YouTube channel whitelisting doesn't work with Safari Content Blocking, and is therefore not available in the AdBlock for Safari Mac app or AdBlock for Mobile (iOS). Additionally, since Samsung requires extensive permissions in order to allow YouTube whitelisting, it is not currently available in AdBlock for Samsung Internet.
(Prefer a live demo? Click here for a tutorial on whitelisting YouTube channels.)
Note: You may not be able to skip ads on a whitelisted channel, depending on how the channel owner chooses to monetize their videos.
If you’re attempting to whitelist your favorite YouTube channel and don’t see the option in your AdBlock menu, check here for solutions.
- Click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select the gear icon to open the Options page.
- On the General Options tab, select Allow whitelisting of specific YouTube channels. (Not seeing this?)
- Restart your browser or refresh the current page.
- Visit a video in the YouTube channel you want to whitelist.
- Click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select Whitelist (name) channel. (Not seeing this?)