Are you trying to watch a video or read an article on a site that doesn't allow ad blockers? Do you want to support a site you love by allowing it to show you ads? This is known as "whitelisting" the site. There are several ways to whitelist a site and stop AdBlock from blocking ads.
To always allow ads to show on the site you're currently visiting, open the AdBlock menu, select Don't run on pages on this site (Chrome) or Don't run on pages on this domain (all other browsers) and click Exclude.
AdBlock will not block ads on any page in any tab on the current site, but will still block them on other sites.
To start blocking ads on that site again:
- Click the AdBlock button and select Enable AdBlock on this page.
If you don't see that on the AdBlock menu, try removing the exception rule manually:
- Open the AdBlock menu (the AdBlock icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser) and select the gear icon
- On the Customize tab next to "Manually edit your filters," click Edit
- Delete any line containing the name of the website
- Click Save
- Go back to the page you were viewing and reload it
To always allow ads to show on the page you're currently viewing, open the AdBlock menu and select Don't run on this page. This creates a whitelist rule in AdBlock.
Tip: Whitelist rules are also known as exception rules—or sometimes exclusion rules—because they tell ad blockers to make an exception for or exclude whatever the rule refers to.
AdBlock will not block ads on the current page but will still block them everywhere else, including on other pages on the same site.
To start blocking ads on that page again:
- Open the AdBlock menu and select Enable AdBlock on this page
If you don't see that on the AdBlock menu and you're certain you're viewing the page you originally whitelisted, try removing the exception rule manually:
- Click the AdBlock button and select Options.
- On the CUSTOMIZE tab next to "Manually edit your filters," click Edit.
- Delete any line containing the name of the website.
- Click Save.
- Go back to the page you were viewing and reload it.
If you prefer to allow ads on most sites, only blocking them on specific sites, you can set AdBlock to default to "off." We call this running AdBlock in "whitelist mode," showing ads on all websites, and blocking them only where you tell it to.
Whitelist mode is similar to simply pausing AdBlock on all sites. Unlike pausing, in whitelist mode you can still block ads on some websites, and AdBlock will remain in whitelist mode until you turn it off.
To use AdBlock in Whitelist mode:
- Open the AdBlock menu (the AdBlock icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser)
- Select the gear icon to open your Options page
- Click the Customize tab on the left
- Scroll down to "Stop blocking ads" and select "Show ads everywhere except for these domains"
- Add any sites where you prefer to keep ads blocked. This ovverides all other filters.
Exception (whitelist) rules always override blocking (blacklist) rules. If there is a particular ad you want to see, you can use AdBlock's resource page to create an exception to the rule that's blocking it.