I know it's only an April Fools joke...

But I have to admit that AdBlock The Game is pretty fun to play about with!

However, can anyone beat my score of 1 minute 27 seconds?

With that said, I could probably do a few tricks to turn that AdBlock cannon into something superpowered that just shoots those ads down so fast they can't get near me...

• Hey Matthew,

We're glad you enjoyed AdBlock The Game! Our very own Christina Burns made it to 10 minutes in testing. But I think your record stands in a real-world environment. :D

Stay awesome,

Rhana

1 person likes this
  • Haha, nice one! I've no idea how Christina managed to last 10 minutes, but somehow I suspect magic dashboard trickery might have had something to do with it.

But if you thought 1 minute 27 was good, try 1 minute 36.

And yes, it gets intense once you get past 1 minute. Using my laptop touchpad and my Bluetooth mouse clearly isn't good enough by itself apparently...

But I can go one better with some tricks of my own. Muhahahahahaha

• Muhahahahahaha, it seems even Christina is defeated by the mighty Blastoise186 and ingeniously devilish magic - I'm not just an AdBlock wizard!

Cue deliberately timed 1337 joke 

By that point the game had become a bit laggy, so I probably found a bug or two! But it gets better...

As you can see, I'm really good at this game, as I was able to fire a complete bombardment of shots at the Ads, so much for not having AdBlock on that computer :P

And to be honest, eventually the game got so badly laggy and began to break from the bugs that I got bored and called it quits... But not before blasting Christina's time out of the water!

If anyone really thinks they are brave enough to beat 22 minutes and 34 seconds, please show me your time here! And to be honest, I'd given up after 21 minutes, but the game got so laggy that it took an extra minute before anything even got close to that PC.

Muhahahahahahaha

As a side note, if you make an AdBlock The Game V2, please make sure the shots from the cannon don't keep travelling forever, it really didn't help the lag!

Good luck Christina, but I bet I've just set an unbeatable time. If you want to know how I managed it... I got lucky

• LOL LOL LOL That's exactly what Christina ran into! We figured folks would get tired long before the lag became too irritating. Awesome, Matthew, truly awesome. Christina and the team will get a kick out of your results, I know!

:) Rhana

1 person likes this
  • Wow - I applaud you, Matthew! There's no way I'm beating that time. :) I hereby humbly concede my title: Champion of AdBlock the Game!

1 person likes this
  • Haha, thanks! Maybe I might just reveal a secret about how I managed that time. I had a bit of help, so to speak...

That Bluetooth mouse of mine has a few tricks hidden away, like the ability to re-assign the buttons to something else.

Since I have a laptop, I also have a touchpad anyway, so I might have reassigned every button on my Bluetooth mouse to left click only in Google Chrome :P Since the touchpad retains it's usual settings, I didn't have to worry about not having anything else.

So I might have had five times the clicking power than normal - and you never said I couldn't use five left clicks at once!

The funny thing is that I was actually capable of keeping the game going forever, the only reason I stopped was because by the time you get over 20 minutes, AdBlock The Game is basically so laggy that it's pretty much unplayable. Even the clock was lagging out and glitching!

Mwahahahahaha

Login or Signup to post a comment