Start a new topic

Manually Blocking Ads

Hi I understand there were some changes made recently with Safari 12, however I'm wondering if I've missed something.

Currently with the AdBlock Safari Extension, I can right click on an ad, and block that ad manually, if it is still showing up.

However with the new Mac App this does not seem to be an option. There are websites that I use quite frequently, where if I turn off the extension and use the Mac App, the Ads show up and there is no option to manually ad them to the list of Ads that should be blocked.

Have I missed something, or had this functionality been broken or removed in the Mac App?

Thanks for any help

1 Comment

Hi Grant,

The new AdBlock for Safari app is a work in progress. Converting features from the old Safari browser extension platform to the new Mac app platform is complicated. It may even be the case that some features won't be possible to replicate. We're working to bring over as much functionality as we can as fast as we can. Please see the AdBlock Mac app FAQ for more information. You may also find this article helpful. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

AdBlock Community Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment