Start a new topic
Implemented

See which filter(s) are currently being used on the viewed webpage

We already have a way to see how many ads are blocked on a given page by clicking the AdBlock button and viewing "X on this page". It would be nice to extend this metric to include which filters are being utilized on the viewed page. Since the addition of the Cryptocurrency mining blocklist filter, it would be nice to see if a site I am viewing had something blocked from that filter. That way, users can make an informed decision about whether or not they should trust that site if it has crypto mining code embedded in it.

Hi Mluck94,

Thanks for your suggestion. You can do this already. It's easiest in Chrome, where you can use the AdBlock tab in Chrome's developer tools to see exactly what's being blocked and hidden and which filter is doing it. You can use AdBlock's resource page in Firefox and Microsoft Edge to see a more limited version of the same information. For instructions, please see this article in our Knowledge Base: How can I see what AdBlock is blocking, hiding, and whitelisting?

And if you need more help, please feel free to open a support ticket!

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

AdBlock Community Manager

Thank you Rhana for showing me this. I had no idea you could see this information.

Hi Mluck94,

You're welcome! Glad I could help. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment