Start a new topic
Implemented

Default AdBlock to "off"

Would like to be able to set AdBlock to "do not run on pages in this domain" as the default mode for all sites, and manually enable AdBlock as needed. Thanks for your consideration.

1 person likes this idea

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your suggestion. You can do this right now. It's called running AdBlock in "whitelist mode." In whitelist mode, AdBlock will only block ads on sites you specifically tell it to. Please see this article in our Knowledge Base for instructions: How do I tell AdBlock NOT to block ads?

Warm regards,

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Thank you very much Rhana.  I did search quite a bit before posting but I never hit this KB article.  Thanks again for your reply!

Hi Sue,

Ah, that's good to know! The fact that you looked unsuccessfully for the answer on your own means that article is too difficult to find. Do you happen to remember what search terms or keywords you used (if you did a search) or where you looked (if you browsed our knowledge base)?

Warm regards,

Rhana

I never thought to search for something like 'run in whitelisted mode' which might have found it.  I searched for phrases like 'default AdBlock to off', 'set AdBlock to default to off' and similar... I tried to think of phrases of what I wanted to have happen, since I didn't know the correct terminology for the feature.

Thank you again for your help!

Hey Sue,

Thanks so much! I'll add those terms to help others find that article. :)

And you're welcome!

Rhana

Login or Signup to post a comment