Start a new topic

advertisement

I have paid to Adblock - but they keep asking me for more money every week. It is annoying...  does anyone know how to stop this?

Hi Christian and Matthew,

First, thanks for your support! We truly appreciate it. :)

Matthew is right: You should not be seeing our request to donate unless you've just installed AdBlock. If that page is opening every time you start your browser, it means something is resetting AdBlock to its "just installed" state. Most often this is a cookie or browser history cleaner that's set a little too zealously. Make sure it's not deleting "localStorage" files because that's where AdBlock's settings are stored.

Please check out these articles for additional tips:

I keep seeing your payment page or AdBlock keeps forgetting my settings in Chrome

I keep seeing your payment page or AdBlock is constantly installed or disabled in Safari

I keep seeing your payment page or AdBlock keeps losing my settings in Microsoft Edge

I keep seeing your payment page or AdBlock keeps losing my settings in Firefox

And if none of that helps, feel free to open a ticket in our support system.

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

AdBlock Community Manager

P.S. Thanks, Matthew! :)

Hey there,

Oops... That shouldn't be happening! I think it's possible you might have either one of two things happening:

1. Something has gone weird with your AdBlock install - try a quick AdBlock Reinstall (make sure to backup first)

2. You might have installed a special version that I openly refer to as "Project Sprint" (that isn't the real name however!) - it's one that I've been out in recent months. Bear in mind Donating to AdBlock doesn't carry over to a Project Sprint install, but Rhana should be able to help you check.

I'm not part of the team though, so I wouldn't be able to see which one you did, so I'll have to ask our glamorous Community Manager, Rhana to step in please :)

Cheers,

Blastoise186

Login or Signup to post a comment