Start a new topic

Thank you Ad Block!

Hello wonderful ad block makers! 

You have had a significantly positive effect on my life for the last few years. Although I am a student and so am not able to properly show you my love via exuberant funds, I have made a donation because I believe in the remarkable value you are contributing to the world. Your adblocker helps me decide which sites to support by viewing ads and which to not support by not viewing ads. You've saved me countless hours of wasted time being bombarded with pointless products and invasive commercials, and have made me feel less like a commodity on the internet. Thank you so much, please keep up the amazing work! 

Sincerely, 

A very grateful internet user

Hi Tiara,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely thank-you note. You're the reason we do what we do. We're so happy we've been able to help make your life a little bit better. And thank you as well for your donation! :D

I'll pass your note to the rest of our team so that you can make their day the way you've made mine!

Warmest regards,

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

1 person likes this

Hi Tiara

My name is Kelli Novotny, I am the Design Director here at AdBlock and I also pitch in on some of our social media efforts. I was wondering if it would be alright with you if I used the following quote: "You've saved me countless hours of wasted time being bombarded with pointless products and invasive commercials, and have made me feel less like a commodity on the internet." I would likely refer to you as "Tiara K" - PLEASE let me know if that would be alright by you?! Thanks in advance :D

1 person likes this
Hi Kelli, I would be totally ok with you quoting me. :) Tiara

1 person likes this
I have adblock and adblock plus available. Do I need both? Are they compatible, such that I can run both?

I'm running Firefox 58.0.2 on OSX 10.11.6

Thanks for all your work to help us avoid ads!

Hi Allen,

You're welcome! We're happy to do the work we do. :)

You can run multiple ad blockers at the same time, but you shouldn't. AdBlock and Adblock Plus (our friendly rivals) work the same way, by using filter lists to know what website requests to block and hide. Using them together just duplicates effort, causing unneeded drain on your computer's resources. We recommend picking one ad blocker you're happy with and using it by itself.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Rhana

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work you guys put in! I just made a donation and thought that I could at least pass by and drop thank you message :D

Hi Po Ming Lam,

Thanks so much for your donation, but even more for dropping by to say hi and thank-you. We love you, too!

:) Rhana

1 person likes this

I want to donate a one time $10.00 but I do not want to use my mobile. I like what you guys do but ethics in the marketplace is almost GONE.

So, I am giving a $10.00 donation and no mobile access.

Thanks and keep up the blocking spirit!

Yohanna

Hi Yohanna,

Thanks for your support. Every donation helps! :)

Block on!

Rhana

Login or Signup to post a comment