Start a new topic

(Solution) I turned off AdBlock (or I don't have an ad blocker) but a site still asks me to turn off my ad blocker

Please don't waste your time to read this article because it's 100% not working if you follow the given methods.

My solution is very simple, if you have installed Kaspersky Internet Security, please switch off Anti-Banner in the Protection settings.

snap114.jpg
(297 KB)

Hi junclj,

Thanks for that suggestion! You may have missed it, but it's already in the article. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Hey there,

To be fair, you probably don't need to use Kaspersky Anti-Banner if you're already using AdBlock or any of the other Ad-Blockers out there.

It's like having two Jack Russell Terriers in the house - They just don't get on with each other unfortunately...

But I will give you something else that's useful. Try this page: https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000082125-a-website-is-telling-me-to-disable-adblock-before-it-will-show-content

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the assist as always!

:) Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

I can relate to your problem since I had the same issue; I wasn't looking for solutions to block my ads without being detected, I wanted to know what ad blocker my browser was detecting; I reset my settings, cleared all cache, etc. nothing worked. I went to my second browser (I was using chrome as my backup browser) and I uninstalled the adblocker from chrome and viola the problem was gone from Safari. believe it or not

Hi,

Just so you know, I'm not part of the team but I am a long standing user.

One thing I can say from experience is that a website can't detect the fact AdBlock itself is installed - they can however pick up on the Filter Lists.

If you need to, you can also Pause AdBlock for a short time and then Resume it later. I think there are plans to add a "Timed Pause" feature in the future.

That said, sometimes other things can get in the way - having two Adblockers running at once isn't the best idea for example. You can have two installed at the same time if only one of them is turned on at a time though (but it's probably simpler to just use one).

Kaspersky Anti-Banner is a common one that gets in the way, but I'm told it's easy to switch off.

Hope that helps!

blastoise186

Login or Signup to post a comment