Start a new topic

Customizable Catblock

Hello all,

I want to thank you first of all for all your hard work keeping internet a safe place.
Well, long story short, while I was thinking about the catblock feature, I thought about proposing to you guys to make it customizable. If one has his own library of pictures, the app could for example crop the pics randomly and display them instead of the annoying ads.

Or how about instead of investing money in pictures that are free for commercial use, in all the formats possible to match the ads sizes, you could simply make an option for all the productive people out there, to put some random inspiring quotes of all sorts, said by philosophers, self improvement coaches, Gurus, Buddhist adages, proverbs, maxims,or even fun facts and "did you knows?" ...etc. the list is long. The app would simply have to crop some preloaded backgrounds and project the text on it, defining the size depending on the Ad size.

It would be a positive thing, a moment to meditate through the day, and an opportunity to get smarter (more cultivated). The catblock could be fully customizable in so many ways.

Thank you for your time, and please keep up the good work. We're really greatful.

Hi Cretinosaurus and Matthew,

Cretinosaurus, thanks for your suggestion, and Matthew, thanks for your fond remembrance of CatBlock! As a matter of fact, we're working on something very much like this even as we speak. Look for a special announcement of a brand-new paid enhancement to AdBlock in the first quarter of 2018!

:) Rhana Cassidy

AdBlock Community Manager

Hi there, I do remember seeing CatBlock myself, back when it was an April Fools joke! It's no longer updated by Michael Gundlach or the AdBlock team, but they did release the source code for it at the time. It's something that I'd love to see return someday though :)
Login or Signup to post a comment