Start a new topic

is it possible to whitelist an advertiser?

A lot of the web comics I read serve ads from www.projectwonderful.com which I have never found intrusive. Is it possible to whitelist this ad company locally so I can see their ads on any site they appear? Searching for a way to do this I found lots of information on how adblocker is working with publishers to allow some ads that are non-intrusive through, which looks like a great initiative. But I'm sure there are ad companies who only make non-intrusive ads as well it would be nice to allow these advertisers through.

1 Comment

Hi Brian,

Good for you for wanting to support sites you love! There are a couple of ways to white ProjectWonderful ads anywhere they're used.

The first is to subscribe to the Acceptable Ads filter list in AdBlock's options, FILTER LISTS tab. I checked, and projectwonderful.com is included in the whitelist. Of course, this will leave all non-intrusive ads unblocked everywhere you go.

If you only want to allow ads specifically from that advertiser, don't subscribe to the Acceptable Ads filter list. Instead, you can add your own custom whitelist filter to AdBlock.

1. Click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select Options.
  2. On the CUSTOMIZE tab, click Edit to open the custom filters box.
  3. Type the following filter rule in the box: @@||projectwonderful.com^$third-party
  4. Click Save.

Give that a try. If it doesn't work, feel free to open a ticket on our support site, https://help.getadblock.com.

Hope this helps!

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment