Start a new topic

Idea for you

Hello guys. I have an idea for you. Control of types of advertisements. It would work like this: the ADBLOCK user would choose which types of ads he would like to see on websites. In this way, content producers for the internet would have notion of how to spread the advertisements through the website harmonizing the total content of the webpage.

I think this would also help you ADBLOCK producers. You could sell this information.

Well, I wish you prosperity. Bye.

Hi Dino,

Thanks for your suggestion! It's a pretty interesting idea. We'll keep it in mind.

Just a quick clarification: We don't sell information. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

AdBlock Community Manager

1 person likes this

If there's a site that you're happy support and would like to allow ads on, you can Whitelist that site in a couple of clicks - you can always change your mind again later. This article shows you how.

(Thanks, Matthew!!―Rhana :)

1 person likes this

Thank you, for answering. Forgive me for insinuating the sale of information. I'm glad you did not practice this.

May prosperity be with you

Hi Dino,

No worries! And no apology is needed. Lots of companies get a substantial portion of their revenue from selling their users' information to third parties. It's not unreasonable these days to think that all companies do it. I just wanted to be clear that AdBlock isn't one of them. :)

Stay awesome!

Rhana

Thanks for giving me the suggestion Matthew!

In fact, my idea does not have to be with sites that I like, but with the ways to display or expose an advertisement on the site.

Example: I hate the advertisements of web pages that expose a video that covers the whole page. But the banner ads on the side of the pages do not bother me.

This way, I wanted to setup this in ADblocker. Side banners can be displayed. Videos that cover the entire page can not be displayed.

As a result, advertisers themselves come to understand the best way to display advertisements.

(Excuse me, I may not be clear on my idea, but it's because I'm not fluent in English. I promise to study English more).

Hi Dino,

I think that's a brilliant idea. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to make it a feature in AdBlock. If enough people vote for it, we can certainly look into it. :)

And by the way, your English is excellent!

:) Rhana

Login or Signup to post a comment