Start a new topic

preventing scam site and phishing - mostly cryptocurrency scam / urgent idea

Hi There! Urgent idea! ))

Get an idea to sync AdBlock or upgrade it to prevent phishing or scam.

Sometimes people make a mistake in characters when typing site address but one letter could change everything. 

So my idea is to sync adblock list with phishing and etc 

it will will be great help for inattentive people and save their money. 

ps: I'm not one of them just want to pay attention to it

Yuriy  

example of scam db for sync: https://etherscamdb.info

May be you know more?

Hi Yuriy,

Thanks so much for your suggestion! As a matter of fact, we considered adding this as a feature earlier this year. It's still something we may come back to as we look for new ways to help the AdBlock family. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Hi,

I want to reinforce the feature for preventing malicious sites to use our PC for cryptocurrencies mining. This is a real concern today.

Thanks ! ;)

Hi Régis,

Ah, there we can help you out much sooner! We have added a new Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) Mining Protection List to our AdBlock Premium product. We'll be adding it to our free extensions in their upcoming releases.

Rhana

Added to Project Sprint already? *Turns on the list immediately* Well, in that case I'm even more undetectable now! Oh that reminds me, was Reek AAK Filter List switched over to Hugo Xu AAK-Cont Filter List in AdBlock Premium?

Hi Matthew,

We're subscribing Premium users to the anti-mining filter list by default. It's only a few filter rules, so it doesn't contribute to AdBlock's overhead in any detectable way.

We haven't switched over yet. It's still on our list. :)

Rhana

Hi, I've just configured adblock in chrome but there's an option that just doesn't get enabled:

"cryptocurrency (bitcoin) mining protection list".

No matter how many times I click it to activate it, it just keeps saying "unsubscribed" after it fetches for updates.

I've noticed there's an entry under "custom filter lists" that says "nocoin filter list" wich is activated, don't know if this has anything to do with it...

1 person likes this

Hi Nhaka,

Would you mind submitting a ticket on our help desk? Please be sure to include the debug information from the SUPPORT tab in AdBlock's options. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Rhana

Does the desktop Safari app/extension from MacAppStore (version 1.10.0) currently block crypto mining?

I recall that the previous Safari extension had a specific option to block 'resource abuse'.

I'm not seeing anything similar in the new app/extension.

Hi Timothy,

Our legacy extension for Safari doesn't have a setting for blocking resource abuse. Could you be thinking of a different extension?

The current version of the AdBlock for Safari app uses a content blocker based on EasyList. EasyList doesn't include any cryptocurrency mining filters. We're working on converting more filter lists into the content blocking syntax as quickly as possible. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

Login or Signup to post a comment