Start a new topic
Not Taken

block forebes ad detector

it would be nice to block their detector

Hi ejonesss,

Thanks for your suggestion! Pretty much the only way to prevent a website from detecting your ad blocker is to turn off JavaScript in your browser. That can have some unintended consequences. We have more information and some workarounds in this article in our Knowledge Base. :)

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Woah there Rhana!

I think this Feature Request is already possible thanks to my AdBlock Premium "SuperSetup" :D

@ejoness my name is Matthew, but I'm better known here as the AdBlock SuperFan Blastoise186. Just so you know, I'm not one of the official team, but I am a very experienced user and some of the AdBlock Knowledge Base articles have been written with my support.

Firstly, make sure that the Acceptable Ads Filter list is TURNED OFF as having this ON shuts sown most of the other AdBlock Filter Lists.

Turn ON the AdBlock Warning Removal List - as the name suggests, it helps take down the Anti-AdBlocks!

Then, make sure that you have Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey details for all this here then add the It's Not Important and AAK-continued Userscripts and AAK-Continued Filter List (details also there).

These combined WILL take down their Anti-AdBlock alerts :D

I've already tested and confirmed this.

Hope it helps!

Hi Matthew and ejonesss,

Thanks for the clarification! ejonesss, I think you were asking specifically about adding a feature to AdBlock that would stop Forbes.com from spotting an ad blocker in use. We can't do that, but you're absolutely right, Matthew. The instructions in the Knowledge Base article you point to circumvent the site's detection scripts, which is essentially the feature ejonesss was looking for. :)

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment