Start a new topic

Eight years and still going!

Hi Rhana!

It's @blastoise186 of course!

I really wanted to say that I first downloaded Google Chrome on my old Dell Windows XP laptop in 2009, about the same time the Chrome Web Store was launched - and of course about the same time our old friend Michael Gundlach first released AdBlock - where would we be today without him?

It's been EIGHT years now, and even when I changed over to my current HP laptop six years ago, AdBlock was the very first thing I transferred over into Chrome :) And yes, my six year old HP laptop is still going (I'm typing this on it now!)

I've always loved AdBlock, and while I do allow a few sites onto my Whitelist, AdBlock is the best thing I've ever installed! I have Autism, and I find many Ads to be really annoying and distracting, so AdBlock sorts that out in seconds :) I will never uninstall it!

I actually left a 5* review in CWS a few years ago, and would never change it.

You've always been great with me, even when I've needed to use the support system - and you can be sure I'll keep my eye out for even more solutions that I'll suggest from now on!

I will definitely get myself AdBlock Premium as soon as I have some spare cash!

Thanks so much for the eight years (and still going) of being the best thing I've ever found in Chrome, I'll be with AdBlock FOREVER :)

One other tip: you might want to change your reCAPTCHA settings on the AdBlock website to use reCAPTCHA V2 rather than V1 - it's more effective and easier for mobile devices :)

blastoise186

Hi blastoise186!

We are so happy we've been able to make such a difference in your online life. I understand that web pages crammed with ads can be an additional challenge for people on the spectrum. I'm the mom of three Aspies myself. AdBlock is the first thing I install on all our computers.

And thank YOU for all the help you've given US! :)

I'll look into that reCAPTCHA thing. Thanks for the tip!

Keep on being your awesome self.

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

No Problem! It's the best extension I've ever found!

As for reCAPTCHA, you're using V1 right now, which is now unsupported (so might break at some point in the future).

Details here: reCAPTCHA intro

Google currently have two versions for websites:

One of them is V2 "NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA" - the one where you click the "I'm not a robot" box

And the other is the mostly hidden "Invisible reCAPTCHA" which monitors everything "invisibly" so wouldn't need most users to do anything to pass through (won't even need to click or even see the "i'm not a robot" box!) as long as the system is confident that they are human. It would still challenge any attempt it's not confident about or is suspicious of in the same way as V2 :)

Thanks for the information about reCAPTCHA! I've asked our support system vendor if it's possible to switch. Hopefully, this will be one "feature request" that's fairly easy to implement. :)

Rhana

In fact, I love AdBlock so much I'm now on AdBlock Premium! :) :HYPE:

LOL LOL That's terrific, thanks so much!

Our support platform has added the new reCAPTCHA option to its feature requests list. Maybe someday it will get implemented!

:) Rhana

Well.. Looks like I'm a fool. Donated $20 and the official comments section is just internal people sprouting company marketing using different accounts.

I actually thought you were performing a community service and that's why I donated. 

To whomever reads this (if at all), shame on you, and shame on me for being a fool.

Dave

Hi Dave,

We're sorry we've disappointed you. I'm not sure what we did wrong. This technically isn't a comments section. This forum is a place where folks can request features they'd like to see added to AdBlock. Some folks do place comments in the forum since it's convenient. We don't mind. We like hearing from our users wherever they like to talk us.

If you're referring to Matthew, he doesn't work for AdBlock. He's a fan who enjoys being helpful. Honestly, as a tiny team with a lot of work to do to keep AdBlock one of the two best ad blockers in the business, we appreciate the assistance!

We feel we are performing a community service. If you don't agree, that's okay! We're happy to refund your donation. Just send your request to payments@getadblock.com. Please include either the Order ID from the thank-you email we sent or, if you no longer have that email, the following information:

• The last four digits of the credit card number OR the email address associated with your PayPal account
  • The exact date of the payment
  • The exact amount of the payment

If you're having technical difficulties with AdBlock, please open a support ticket and we'll do our best to help.

Rhana Cassidy

Login or Signup to post a comment