Start a new topic

How do I tell AdBlock to block ads?

Hey, so I think this question for you guys will be kinda odd, but how do I tell AdBlock to block ads? I know I can add sites to whitelist that will prevent from blocking ads but I would like to do it in a reversed way. I don't like AdBlock really, I don't mind ads, but some of the websites are displaying very annoying ads and I would like to search them without frustration, so I would like to add just these websites to the list to tell Adblock to block ads there. 

Sorry for bad English from advance, I hope that my question is understable.

1 person likes this idea

Hi Bartosz,

Your English is terrific, so no worries! AdBlock normally runs in what we call "blacklist" mode, blocking ads everywhere except on sites where you want to allow ads. You can also run AdBlock in "whitelist" mode, which does what you want to do: allow ads everywhere except on sites where you specifically tell AdBlock to block ads.

We have instructions for putting AdBlock into whitelist mode in this Knowledge Base article, How do I tell AdBlock NOT to block ads? Read the section "Run AdBlock in whitelist mode to always show ads everywhere except on some sites," near the bottom of the article.

If you need any assistance, feel free to open a ticket at :)

AdBlock Community Manager

1 person likes this
Very good app
Login or Signup to post a comment