Start a new topic

Skip ads mode

Hi developers!

First of all, thanks a lot for your excellent work :-)

I have a feature request on ads during video streaming.

Instead of just blocking ads, it would be nice to have a "Skip ads mode" that you can enable.

In this way you are able to skip the ads if you don't like them and watch the ones you like.

This mode can give an automatic feedback to web hosts like: "this ads has been watched once and skipped several times", because often advertisement videos become annoying only when it they proposed several times during a streaming video.

Hope this helps other users too

Again great work, thanks

Hi Andrea,

You're welcome! We're so glad we've made your Internet day a little brighter. :)

That's a really interesting idea. Being able to give creators feedback about their ads would be very helpful for everyone involved. It may not be technically possible because of the way the ads are served. I'll find out for you and if it is possible, we can consider it for a future release.

Thanks for the suggestion and for your support!

AdBlock Community Manager

Hi Andrea,

I wanted to follow up with you on your suggestion. I asked our developer. He said:

Interesting idea, and possible yes, but it would be a lot of work, and it would require customization (more work) for each site that we wanted it to work on. On top of all that, it would be brittle solution, in that we would customize for each website we wanted to implement it on, and if that website changed, it would or could break the feature.

So this isn't a feature we'll be able to add, but I did want you to know that we thought it was a good one. :)

AdBlock Community Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment