Start a new topic

Pause, unpause AdBlock Shortcut

Would love to see a shortcut or context menu option to pause and unpause Adblock.

Really need this one!

1 person likes this idea

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your suggestion! We'll keep it in mind for our next round of feature enhancements. :)

Rhana, AdBlock Community Manager

Latest enhancement says it's been added -- But doesn't say what it is!!  What is the new keyboard shortcut to pause Adblock???

Hi there Marge!

The shortcut is Ctrl + . (the period key) on Windows or Cmd + . on Mac. Full details are also at https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000209955-pausing-and-unpausing-adblock-using-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-context-menu-command

Thanks!

Blastoise186

Regular Contributor

I'm not one of the AdBlock team, but I try to help out.

Thanks, Matthew!

:) Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

1 person likes this

Thanks, But does not work on Safari :(

Hi Andrew,

That's right. We haven't added this feature to our Safari products yet. It's in AdBlock for Chrome and Firefox now. It will be in our next release of AdBlock for Microsoft Edge.

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

Hi Rhana,

Is there a way to disable this shortcut? It's interfering with Google Docs shortcuts.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hi Tom,

You betcha! If you don't want to disable it altogether, you can change it to something that doesn't interfere with Google Docs, as long as you're using Chrome. Please see this article: https://help.getadblock.com/solution/articles/6000209955-pausing-and-unpausing-adblock-using-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-context-menu-command

:) Rhana

Hey Tom,

This resident forum ninja has noticed your question and has a few things to add.

I would have suggested using something like  

Ctrl + `

But unfortunately Chrome doesn't appear to allow me to set anything that isn't a letter or number as a Shortcut. Ah well, guess that knocks out the easy fix...

I might suggest trying to Whitelist Google Docs, Sheets and Slides in AdBlock because those three sites don't ever seem to show Ads anyway so there's not really anything for AdBlock to do.

Check out this Support Article to see how you can whitelist Google Docs, Sheets and Slides without affecting anything else. While I could provide a Custom Filter Rule for this, you might find it easier to use the details on that article to do the job - you're after the whitelist a website section.

I can't really test these things out easily with my Project Sprint setup because the team hasn't yet sent me the update with these features but you might have some luck.

If you're still interested in using this feature but want to find a possible combo that doesn't break Google Docs, check out this Google Docs Support Page which lists all the known Google Docs keyboard shortcuts.

Hope that helps!

Blastoise186

Forum Ninja

Right as I post that, I realise there might be a possible keyboard shortcut. One of these days I really hope Freshdesk gives me an Edit button for my own posts in the Moderation queue!

Anyway, can you give this one a spin and see how you get on:

Alt + W

I'm not aware of any websites that use it and a quick search of the Google Docs list doesn't show it, so I might have struck gold here!

How does that work?

Login or Signup to post a comment