Start a new topic

How to block a specific Ad?

I'm sorry for the stupidity of the question.

On the italian website there is annoying puppet/ad of Spiderman moving all along the screen.

I tried to block selecting it with right click, but then when AdBlock asks the "second question", I have two options: whole site is blocked, not just the ad. Or all unblocked with still the Ad.

1 Comment

Hi Marco,

First, there are no stupid questions. :)

Second, I have to say that this is probably the cutest, most fun ad I've ever run across, and the "Spider-Man: Homecoming" trailer was pretty cool. Also, I only see it the first time I visit the site. The site must set a cookie to prevent me from seeing it on subsequent visits. If I want to see it again, I have to clear the site's cookies and my browser cache.

That said, it is still an ad. Please report this to the Italian filter list maintainers so that they can update their filters. You can find the contact info in our Knowledge Base.

Here are some tips:

• Name your topic for the site where you're seeing the ads.
  • Be sure to include your browser and version and which version of AdBlock you have.
  • Provide a link to the page where you're seeing the ads.
  • Provide a screenshot if you can. (Please capture the entire screen.)

To include a screenshot in your post:

• Upload your screenshot to or a similar picture-sharing site, or capture it using Gyazo.
  • Get the "share" URL of the uploaded file.
  • In the EasyList post, include this line: URL-TO-YOUR-PICTURE-FILE[/img]

AdBlock Community Manager

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment