Start a new topic

View list of blocks ads on a page

Not sure if anyone has asked this, but I am a fan of the Ghostery plugin that allows the user to see the ads and elements blocked by listing them in a popup window.

when I see 14 next to the adblock icon in the browser, it says 14 ads blocked but no way to see which ones were blocked.

I am curious to know this detail.  would be neat to have that option in adblock.

- gerald

2 people like this idea

ARGH!  TOPIC title should be "View list of Blocked ads on a page"  -  sorry fat fingers.

Seems to me AdBlock is more interested in creating much confusion by instigating unwanted billing, then requiring a series of hoops to jump through if you want a refund.

Hi Gerald,

You can see all the requests a website makes and how AdBlock deals with them.

1. Right-click the page you want to check and select Inspect. The Chrome Developer Tools window will open.
  2. Click the AdBlock tab. It might be hidden in the overflow menu (>>) if your window is too narrow to show all the tabs.
  3. Reload the page.
  4. Use the Show menu to filter blocked or whitelisted resources.
  5. Click the "x" in the upper right corner to close the Developer Tools window.
Hope this helps!

AdBlock Community Manager

When in my "Webmail" and the AdBlock is in "Block an ad on this page" it works fine, but when I finish this the AdBlock has to be in "Pause AdBlock" before my e-mail will come up. When I pause AdBlock again the e-mail site comes right again.  I have posted a question about this and have not had an answer.  Its rather clumsy moving in and out of AdBlock and having to re-load my e-mail site.

Gerald Hampton

Hi Gerald,

This sounds like a filter list issue. We have some suggestions in this Knowledge Base article: A web page doesn't work or looks wrong with AdBlock on. Would you mind giving them a try and let us know how it goes?

Also, just a reminder, you'll get a faster response if you open a ticket, rather than posting trouble reports in our forums. :)

AdBlock Community Manager

Thanks, Rhana.  After two or three tries I finally got an answer to my problem.  I thank you for your help.

Gerald Hampton.

Login or Signup to post a comment