Start a new topic

Disable AdBlock for time period

I think it would be useful disable adblock for 5 min or something else. So if the time expire adblock enable automatically again.

(Submitted by Gyuris)

5 people like this idea

Love this! There are some obscure language sites that I use and want to be able to see the ads in order to support them from time-to-time, but entirely turning off ad block is too much of a hassle, nor do I want to actually add them to my whitelist because I don't want ads on them all the time.

3 people like this

I'v been getting "rtl120.bpl is missing" same time adblock stops working. WTF is going on? I'm starting to get pissed off. I'm absolutely struggling to survive and can't afford to be buying more shit for this computer when the last shit did nothing.

Cliff, I'll open a ticket for you. We don't look for issues in this Feature Requests forum. :)

Rhana

AdBlock Community Manager

Disable

Hi Rose,

This is a forum to suggest new features to add to AdBlock. Are you looking for information about how to pause or disable AdBlock? Please see this Knowledge Base article: How do I tell AdBlock NOT to block ads?

If that's not what you're looking for, please open a ticket on our support site. Thanks!

Rhana

Hi Rhana, Unless I am mistaken, the current pause/disable options for Adblock require the user to manually turn Adblock back on. What rose is suggesting is essentially to be able to set a timer when you disable Adblock so that it automatically turns back on after the selected time period.

Hi Zonia,

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I thought that's what you were suggesting. I wasn't sure if Rose was trying to ask for help or agreeing with you. :)

I do like your idea. If enough people vote for it, we can consider including it in a future release.

:) Rhana

It would be great to be able to disable AdBlock for a poriod of time. 

The options like 5 Mins, 30 Mins, 2 Hours, 1 Day would be nice

i want to disable adblock right now!!! for a short time or until i am ready for it

Hi Billy,

That feature already exists. Just click the AdBlock button in your browser toolbar and select Pause AdBlock. It will stop blocking ads until you unpause it the same way or you restart your browser.

Rhana

Login or Signup to post a comment