Start a new topic
Implemented

Add a keyboard command to pause/unpause AdBlock

Is there a keyboard command to pause/unpause AdBlock? Currently what I have to do is click on the AdBlock icon in Chrome, wait for the dropdown menu to load, then choose "Pause Adblock".  If I want to unpause AdBlock, I have to repeat the same command.  I figured that if there's a key command it would be much faster.  Thanks

(Submitted by Jamesnine)

2 people like this idea

Hi Romanshikanov,

Please see this article for instructions: https://help.getadblock.com/solution/articles/6000209955-pausing-and-unpausing-adblock-using-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-context-menu-command

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

AdBlock Community Manager

I find in your's ADBlock Ctrl+. - but, not see in option's how i may change key bind? It's just missing.

Thanks, Matthew!

Romanshikanov, Adblock Plus (ABP) is an unrelated product developed by a different company. You would need to ask them if they plan to include a keyboard shortcut to pause and unpause ad blocking. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

Hi everyone,

I have good news and bad news, as they say. The good news is that you can already change the key binding for the new shortcut. The bad news is that you can only change it in Chrome. Firefox and Microsoft Edge don't provide a way to change a keyboard shortcut. We hope to be able to add that feature in our Firefox and Edge extensions.

Please see this article for more information: https://help.getadblock.com/solution/articles/6000209955-pausing-and-unpausing-adblock-using-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-context-menu-command

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

And simple AdBlock too not have feature keybind for on/off...

Hi, Rhana Cassidy!

I can't find this feature, about which he spoke .Rob . This feature already added on AdBlockPlus, or this still planing?

Just my ADP not have key for on/off adp. Only "click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select Pause AdBlock (or Unpause AdBlock is it's paused)".

Hey there!

Just a quick heads up that Rhana has added a new Support Article on how the feature works. You can find this one at https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000209955-pausing-and-unpausing-adblock-using-a-keyboard-shortcut-or-context-menu-command

Hope that helps!

Hi Rob,

Great idea! I'll see if we can add this to our backlog and consider it for an upcoming release. :)

Warm regards,

Rhana Cassidy

I see this feature is in v3.20 and it's good, but it competes with my password manager (1password) that uses the same shortcut.

Can we augment this feature/implementation to have a checkbox/toggle to enable/disable keyboard shortcut or set a custom keybind? Cheers

.rob

Woohoo! I just had an email alert from the Help desk system, which reported a Status Update of "In Progress"! So, I guess it shouldn't be too long before I get to obliterate - ahem - road test such a Keybind feature in my special Project Sprint setup. It's been maybe 2 years but good things come to those who wait... Eventually XD

Hi Romanshikanov,

We're still working on enhancing our pause options. For now, the way to pause ad blocking is to click the AdBlock button in the browser toolbar and select Pause AdBlock (or Unpause AdBlock is it's paused).

:) Rhana

1 person likes this

How can I hold a pause button?

Is this possible?

1 person likes this

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the reminder! I have the go-ahead to pick some of our most popular feature requests for consideration. I'll make sure this one gets on the short list.

:) Rhana

Sorry to dig this one back up Rhana! It's not seemed to have had anything happen in the last two years ;) I think it would be a piece of cake to create a keyboard command/keystroke/"Keybind" feature in AdBlock and also in "Project Sprint" to do that. The current button in the Mini-Menu would already link to something, so the team would simply need to Keybind it :)
Login or Signup to post a comment